Transportation, Tubing, and Margaritas

Yes, I'm alive!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Whoda Thunk...Kite Tubing!!!


Okay, so I admit I was a little sad when I actually found out what Kite Tubing is...

It is not, as I thought, like kite-boarding where the tube would be dragged along the water (an ocean, maybe?)propelled by the wind in a kite that was either attached to the tube or the tuber....

Instead, the tube itself is an airfoil that picks you up when dragged by a boat. Last time I checked, speed boats are not quite as sustainable a form of transportation as river tubing (although I do enjoy wake boarding...hmmm).

It has also caused several deaths and has actually be withdrawn from the market. Although I'm sure people have died tubing through white water as well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

# of hits for saving the world


Click Here